Porteengear Camera Bags have me so excited. I can’t wait for my new bag to arrive.
For years I’ve used a LowePro Passport to carry my cameras and lenses when I’m out photographing the streets or an amusement park or traveling light with my equipment. My LowePro Passport carries a camera, two lenses, and flash plus wallet, cellphone, and bottle of water.
But things have changed and Porteengear is in my life. Well almost — my bag will be here in two weeks.
Porteengear offers camera bags that you design yourself. On the Porteengear website you enter the custom design page.
You choose the size of your camera bag from tiny bag to one that will hold your laptop.
- You select the flap design. Options include a bit of accent color or fabric to a uniform color.
- Then the fun beings.
- You can select the overall bag covering including tooled leather, snake skin, aged leather, or even Damask. There’s a Vegan fake leather option.
- Then you select your second leather color. For example, black with tooled leather. Maybe teal leather with a some subtle brocade. Maybe distressed leather with a nice tartan plaid for a more masculine look.
- Next you select the color of the outer shell of the bag.
- Then you can select the interior color of the camera bag. All my camera equipment is black so the last thing I want is a black-colored interior. Select a bright color or a dark color. The interior color of your camera bag is your choice.
- We get to choose the color of the strap.
- We get to choose antique hardware or traditional.
- Then there’s an option to add a dust flap and/or luggage sleeve.
All those options are live on the screen. That means you can design several bags and then make a final decision in a couple of days — or maybe after consulting your friends.
Need help designing your bag? Head to Porteengear’s Etsy page to see bags designed by the pros. Click the Shop option on the Porteengear page and see bags already designed for you. Order one of those or use the design as a starting point.
My new Porteengear camera bag!? I’ll show you in a couple of weeks when it arrives.